Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Birthday Gala

The Salt Lake Stitch 'n Bitch Anniversary Gala is now just a memory. But what a great memory.

Katherine received my silk yarn bra in the Arrowhead Lace exchange and I was fortunate to receive this fabulous "Espresso Scarf," designed and knit by Cheryl:

Picture 434

The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a gorgeous shade of chocolate brown. There was also a coffee cosy/wrist warmer/beer bracelet made from the leftover yarn but I left it at work so there's no photo. Trust me though, it was a very clever use of the Arrowhead Lace theme. Cheryl included her pattern for the scarf and the coffee cosy and promised she'd post both patterns on her blog in the next few days

Laurie came armed with an entire box of soap; enough so each person received a bar.

Picture 430

She's calling the new formula "Hand Knit" since one of the ingredients is lanolin. Other ingredients include French green clay and essential oils of bergamot, lavender, litsea cubeba and lime. Yum! I'm such a sucker for citrus-scented soaps.

Picture 431

Laurie doesn't have any plans to duplicate the special batch she created just for us, but maybe if you go to her online store and send her lots of emails with preorders, she'll consider adding it to her line.

I think every knitter needs a bar of Hand Knit soap, don't you.

|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.